Customer data is the lifeblood of any successful marketing campaign and a key driver in business decisions and overall growth.
Bad data can hurt the bottom line of a company, skew your campaign results or force you to waste resources on correcting errors – deleting bad contacts manually!
At Raange we hate Dirty Data!
What is Dirty Data?
Dirty Data is defined as inaccurate, incomplete or inconsistent data, especially in your marketing lists and CRM database.
The following are 5 dirty data stats that will force marketers to double-check their subscriber acquisition strategies:
- 60% of consumers admitted to intentionally providing some sort of incorrect information when submitting their personal details online.
- On average, marketing lists are decaying between 22 to 30 percent every year.
- Gartner estimates that poor data quality costs organizations $15 million annually.
- Employees can waste up to 50% of their time dealing with mundane data quality issues.
- Marketers waste 21% of their marketing budgets because of bad data
What is something you can do to stop bad customer data?
The first step to stopping bad customer data from hurting your results is to make sure you aren’t collecting dirty data as part of your subscriber acquisition strategy.
Any good subscriber acquisition strategy for marketers starts with acquiring REAL data from your customers from the start.
Questions to ask to get you started
If the above stats have you worried but you don’t know where to start. Try finding answers to the following questions:
- Are we validating or verifying the data we collect from customers?
- How much time is my team spending correcting bad data in our database?
- What is our current source(s) of bad customer data?
- Are you collecting bad data from in-store customer acquisition programs?
- How many emails or mobile numbers are bouncing back?
- If my contact data was more accurate, what would my KPI’s look like?
Bad data can be the bane of any marketer’s existence. Your job now is to find the holes in your current data acquisition strategy and figure out new ways to fix them.
But start from the very beginning and identify what the entry points are for your customer contact information: forms on websites, in store giveaways, etc.
The friend of bad data is poor policy: collecting unvalidated or unverified data, manual processes that are just prone to human error like having a sales associate type an email address into your system and using 2nd or 3rd party data.
That’s why at Raange we preach the power of First Party Data.
Are you looking for a proven subscriber acquisition strategy that will convert the traffic you already have into REAL digital subscribers?
It’s important to ensure that you are keeping your marketing platforms filled with GOOD DATA.
We’re here to help you with that.